Job hunting can be a daunting and worrisome task, with the endless searching and application forms but ones hit, happiness overflows. As a wise saying says, “treat job search as your job until you find one”. In other words, you have to fill in your strength and be meticulous during job hunt to get to know exactly what recruiters want and channel your strength to it.
There are a number of websites available in which job searchers can confide in and get latest job opportunities available in their area of specialisation. One can limit the search to only companies in a particular country say Nigeria or make it a worldwide search. They include the following:
- LinkedIn: This is a business and employment-oriented service that operates via websites and mobile apps. This is where recruiters look out for potential employers based on their profile and interest. LinkedIn is a powerful networking site where one can network with industry professionals and get recommended when needed. As a job seeker or even as a student, you need a LinkedIn account today.
- Jobberman: According to the company, jobseeker who use jobber man search through over 5,000 job vacancies around the world. Job roles cuts across several discipline including Accounting, human resources, law, engineering, ICT amongst others. It offers jobs also in Nigeria, Ghana and many other African nations.
- Indeed: This is a powerful website where several of job openings around the world are made available for potential employers. It is a simple search site, one can narrow down search to a particular geographical location say Africa generally or Nigeria as a country. In the first search box, type the job role you are seeking for and in the next search box, type the location you want and click search, all the jobs available will pop up.
- Ngcareers: This is one of Nigeria’s top recruitment and career website. It offers job opportunity across several discipline in Nigeria. One can search for jobs from latest, verified job adverts, and career information from recruiters and employers in all Nigerian states. One can upload resume to improve visibility.
- Careers24: This good website operate like Indeed. A job website can land a job seeker to next big job. A simple search site get you the available job openings at a particular time and location.
- Executives in Africa: This is an executive search firm focused mainly on delivering executive level hires for roles in Africa. It captures opportunities in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas and FMCG, and placing over 500 high calibre business leaders across 38 African locations.
- Pnet: This is for job listings in South Africa. It currently has over 17,000 job listing and cuts across almost all discipline. The site has who is hiring section, which highlights major companies seeking potential employees.
- Careers in Africa: Careers in Africa are international recruitment agency that helps high-calibre internationally based Africans find work in Africa. This is the place where Africa’s employers tell you what they have to offer. African job seekers or people resident in Africa can explore this website, which can land them the next big job.
Other job websites one can look into includes:
- Google Careers
Before looking for job, one need outstanding Curriculum Vitae. This will make one’s application stand out among several other hundreds of applications. In this time, CVs are no more carried in physical forms. It is usually in form of PDFs(CVs should be in PDF format not Word) and sent through career pages of websites of companies you wish to apply. CVs summited in career pages of websites are sent directly to HR department of the company who will access it among other applications and depending on the quality of what you can offer, invite you over for interview section.
So what you waiting for go out and get that job….